OAU student kills herself after poor grades
A student of microbiology at Obafemi Awolowo University has poisoned herself because she failed some courses.
The part one student of microbiology took rat poison mixed with some battery extract on Thursday, this was confirmed by one of her neighbors named Bimpe Oni.
The student who resides in the outskirts of Sabo had an E in chemistry (CHM 101) which is meant for part one students, this was made known by one of her close friends Aisha, she said “Mercy often isolated herself in class and looked depressed,” said Aisha. “She told me she had ‘E’ in CHM101 and has been going around unhappy before this incident.”
The dean of the university also confirmed that Mercy Afolaranmi is dead but the cause of the death is still to be clarified but will be known after the autopsy.